Meet Latina "Tina" Wilson
Candidate for Charles County Commissioner President
A native of Charles County, Tina grew up on a small farm in the town of Issue. She graduated from Charles County Public Schools and went on to attend the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, graduating with a B.S. in Business Administration. While enrolled at UMES, she participated in the R.O.T.C. program at Salisbury University.
Upon graduation, she was commissioned as Second Lieutenant and pursued a career in the Army, retiring in 2005. She served as a logistics officer on a variety of assignments, including at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii; in Stuttgart, Germany; and Skopje, Macedonia. She is a veteran of Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Some of Tina’s special assignments involved providing humanitarian support in Macedonia and Kosovo, serving on the first international inspection team on chemical weapons in the United States under the Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty, being Officer in Charge of President Ronald Reagan’s lying-in state in the U.S. Capital, and participating in George W. Bush’s second inauguration. Tina is active in community and volunteers in a numerous organizations and events.
Tina is heavily engaged in a variety of volunteer activities in the community, including:
- Vice Chairperson, Charles County Board of Education
- Past President, Member, Port Tobacco River Conservancy
- 1st Vice President, Southern Maryland Alumni Chapter of the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
- Life member, National Alumni Association-UMES
- Chair, Board of Visitors, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Former Chair, Education Committee & Treasurer- Charles County Branch of the NAACP
- Board member, Charles County Charitable Trust
- McConchie One-Room Schoolhouse Committee-Charles County Fair Board
- Member, Pomonkey High School Alumni Association
- Member, Farm Bureau
- Member, Farmer Veteran Coalition
- Member, Conservancy of Charles County, Inc.
- Member, Society for the Restoration of Port Tobacco
- Member, Potomac River Keepers Network
- Life member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Life member, American Legion
- Member, Maryland Veterans Museum
- Gulf War Veteran
- Retired Army Officer
- Member, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Tina enjoys her free time on the water with family and friends. She also loves to travel, study history and being outdoors.